News and Announcements
There are just a few spots left. Please register today.
The first few weeks Wednesday and Thursday Mixed will be playing at 3 locations. Old Settlers (4 courts), WilCO (4 courts) and Taylor Tennis Courts at Murphy Park (2 – 4 courts). However, we’ll collapse back to OSP as soon as construction allows. The City of RRPaRD estimates the first of April.
Click on the Register Now button on the left hand side of the home page.
Dear Round Rock Tennis Players,
The Spring 2020 season will run March 2 – May 22, 2020. Registration for all leagues will open online at www.rrtennis.com at 8:00 am, Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Limited court availability at Old Settlers does affect this season. Please read this entire email…….
As most of you know, 8 courts at Old Settlers are under repair with a potential completion date the end of March. When Banks A and B are complete they will then start rebuilding Bank C. Due to the current construction of the courts, and limited court availability and options, the board has decided to use courts in Taylor for the spring mixed leagues. Please keep this in mind when you sign up for the spring season. Once the construction is finished, which could be mid-season, we will resume using 8-10 courts at Old Settlers and not play in Taylor. So, potentially, this 3-location resolution is temporary, and could only be for the first 3-4 weeks if the construction schedule stays on track.
2020 Spring season court details are as follows:
Monday ladies – 4 courts at Old Settlers
Tuesday men’s – 4 courts at Old Settlers, 4 courts in Taylor
Wednesday mixed – 4 courts at Old Settlers, 4 courts at Wilco, 2 courts in Taylor
Thursday mixed – 4 courts at Old Settlers, 4 courts at Wilco, 4 courts in Taylor
Just like we rotate mixed courts between Old Settlers and Wilco in past seasons, Taylor (Murphy Park) will be added to the court rotation. You may be scheduled to play in Taylor every third week or more depending on your court placement.
Some things to remember:
• Look for the “Register Now” button on the left hand side of the home page www.rrtennis.com.
• If you log on before 8:00 am, you may need to refresh your browser until the button/link appears.
• It is also time to pay annual RRTA dues for 2020. Be sure to also add “Membership Dues” to your “shopping cart”.
• Mixed Doubles players MUST be registered as a TEAM with the cost of both players for that league bundled into one transaction.
• Please ensure when registering your partner that he/she pays yearly dues online through his/her own account. This is important because precedence will be given to a team with both members paid versus a team with partial membership dues paid. Sorry, that’s just how the prioritization for spots must be handled.
• If a league fills up, you will be asked to be put on the wait list. DO THIS. You will not need to pay until you are removed from the wait list and will be notified. The Ramrod for each league will confirm if they can include you or not.
• Annual dues can be paid at any time — not just during league registration events.
If you have any questions, please contact a board member or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are trying to inform everyone and are using multiple distribution lists. If you receive this email more than once, please just delete the duplicates.
We look forward to seeing you on the courts!
RRTA Board of Directors
Many of you have asked about sign-up for the Spring season. As Banks A & B are now demoed with construction underway, the board is working to determine what the options may be for courts and dates for Spring. We hope to have more news after the board meeting on Feb. 9th. Please check here for updates as we get them.
Dear RRTA members and friends,
Round Rock Parks and Rec has informed me that they will begin court repairs at the end of January on Banks A & B at Old Settlers. As this leaves only four courts on a first come first serve basis, and we do not reserve courts for Polar Bear, we regretfully feel we must chancel Polar Bear as there are no other reliable court options.
RRPaRD believes that all courts will be ready for Spring and we will have great courts to play on. Although there is no firm completion date at this time, we will do our best to inform the membership as we get word.
Thanks for your understanding. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Round Rock Tennis Association and the board.
We will not be able to have an organized Polar Bear league this year as we will be down to 4 courts at Old Settlers due to repairs. If you would like to play among yourselves, please organize some fun, rec play. Happy Holidays to all. We will keep you posted on the court repairs and the spring season.