News and Announcements
Hello fellow tennis fan!
Due to COVID, we wanted to formally let you know there will be no Holiday party this year. Go away COVID! We hope we will be able to celebrate together in December 2021.
At the December party, we usually have a board meeting and vote on the new slate of officers. Please be on the lookout for a separate email coming out soon to vote electronically on the new board officers.
This winter we will again be offering a Polar Bear season. However, due to the demand of courts in the evening and to ensure we have reserved courts, Polar Bear will be a paid season in the winter of 2021. The Polar Bear season will run January 4 through February 18. Sign up will begin on Saturday, December 12 at 8AM. The cost for the 2021 Polar Bear league will be $20.
The 2021 Spring season will run March 1 through May 27. Spring sign up will begin on Saturday, February 13 at 8AM.
We are working on a full 2021 calendar. Please check the RRTA website often for updates and check out the “Calendar – Year at a Glance” area for a quick glance at 2021 dates.
We hope you all are staying safe and able to play some tennis during these strange times of 2020!
See you on the courts,
RRTA Board of Directors
The Fall 2020 season will run September 12 – November 20. Registration for all leagues will open online at www.rrtennis.com at 8:00 am, Saturday, August 22.
Fall leagues are as noted below:
• Monday night ladies doubles (rotate partners) 6:30pm
• Tuesday night men’s doubles (rotate partners) 6:30pm
• Wednesday night mixed doubles (fixed partners) 6:30pm
• Thursday night mixed doubles (fixed partners) 6:30pm
• Co-ed Singles
Items to note:
• Due to the COVID situation, in addition to following all the recommendations of USTA, the CDC and other health officials regarding the use of hand sanitizers, social distancing and when to self-quarantine (when feeling sick, been exposed to a person who tested positive or having travels outside the area especially internationally), the Board is making 2 requests of players during this pandemic: 1. Notify your ramrod whenever you have a sub so he/she is aware of all the players each night. 2. If you test positive please alert anyone with whom you may have played during the last 2 weeks.
• Mixed Doubles players must be registered as a TEAM with the cost of both players for that league bundled into one transaction. One person per team registers and pays for both players.
• Look for the “Register Now” button on the left side of the home page at www.rrtennis.com.
• If you log on before 8:00 am, you may need to refresh your browser to access current session links.
• If you have not paid your annual dues this year, please add “Membership Dues” to your “shopping cart”.
• If a league fills up, you can request to be put on the wait list. Please do this! The Ramrod for each league will confirm if they can include you.
• Unless you want to join the ACTIVE membership, DO NOT choose “accept” at the end of registration, choose “No Thanks” instead.
We look forward to seeing you on the courts!
RRTA Board of Directors!
Please note the following memo from the RRTA Board of Directors (7/23/2020)
Round Rock Tennis Association VS Covid -19
In addition to following all the recommendations of USTA, the CDC and other health officials regarding the use of hand sanitizers, social distancing and when to self-quarantine (when feeling sick, been exposed to a person who tested positive or having travels outside the area especially internationally), the RRTA Board is making 2 requests of players during this pandemic:
1.Notify your ramrod when ever you have a sub so he/she is aware of all the players each night.
2. If you test positive please alert anyone with whom you may have played during the last 2 weeks.
Thank you to everyone that participated in our RRTA doubles tournament. If you would like to purchase a mask similar to what the winners received, please contact Erica and Danielle RIMES-OCHOA at email@example.com.
Draws are published here:
Check frequently to ensure you don’t miss last minute time changes.
Here is some information about “rules” and the format from Tournament Director, Stephanie Rodriguez.
Rule #1: Have fun!!!!
Rule #2: Please follow social distancing guidelines. Bring your own shade and lawn chair. Don’t congregate near the patio area. Print out or keep these rules handy on your phone as well as your draw sheet. Courts are already assigned for entire tourney.
Format: Timed event. Play for 1 hr 30 minutes-including warm-up (no new games after 1 hr 25 minutes). Count the number of games won and lost (no sets) If match is tied when time ends, play a 2 point tiebreaker (except for finals which will be a 7 point tiebreaker).
Mercy rule: If one team is winning by 8 games at any point during the match, then the mercy rule applies and the match is over.
Late Rule: Your opponent gets 1 game for every 5 minutes you are late, as well as choice of side and serve. At 15 minutes past the scheduled match time you forfeit the match.
Consolation matches – not very many open courts, but if you’re interested in an extra match, we will have a sign-up sheet.
This tournament is all about having fun and making a few new friends. Please be generous in line calls and play by the USTA rules of tennis. If you’re unsure of proper procedure, feel free to ask one of the RRTA board members for a ruling.