News and Announcements
Draws are published here:
Check frequently to ensure you don’t miss last minute time changes.
Here is some information about “rules” and the format from Tournament Director, Stephanie Rodriguez.
Rule #1: Have fun!!!!
Rule #2: Please follow social distancing guidelines. Bring your own shade and lawn chair. Don’t congregate near the patio area. Print out or keep these rules handy on your phone as well as your draw sheet. Courts are already assigned for entire tourney.
Format: Timed event. Play for 1 hr 30 minutes-including warm-up (no new games after 1 hr 25 minutes). Count the number of games won and lost (no sets) If match is tied when time ends, play a 2 point tiebreaker (except for finals which will be a 7 point tiebreaker).
Mercy rule: If one team is winning by 8 games at any point during the match, then the mercy rule applies and the match is over.
Late Rule: Your opponent gets 1 game for every 5 minutes you are late, as well as choice of side and serve. At 15 minutes past the scheduled match time you forfeit the match.
Consolation matches – not very many open courts, but if you’re interested in an extra match, we will have a sign-up sheet.
This tournament is all about having fun and making a few new friends. Please be generous in line calls and play by the USTA rules of tennis. If you’re unsure of proper procedure, feel free to ask one of the RRTA board members for a ruling.
It’s annual RRTA Doubles tournament time! You are invited to our RRTA Annual Doubles Adult Tennis Tourney being held June 26, 27 & 28 at Old Settlers Park Tennis Courts. You do NOT need to be a member to register for this event so feel free to share this with any non-members.
This is a NON-sanctioned event so no USTA points are up for grabs, but it’s a fun couple of days and we hope to see lots of you there.
The basics are as follows:
• Entry fee $20.00 per person ($40/team)
• Doubles Divisions: Men`s and Women`s 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, Open; Mixed 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, Open
• Maximum of 1 mixed and 1 same gender event
• Second event only $10.00 per person
• Entry deadline 11:59pm – June 19, 2020
• Prizes for champions & finalists
• Gift for each paid participant
• Consolation matches will be scheduled based on court availability
• Bracket info will be available June 23
• Social distancing will be practiced, no physical contact
• Hand sanitizer will be available on each court
• Bring your own food, ice, and drinks
Play will be as follows:
• Timed Matches (1 ½ hour time limit). No new games will begin after the “5-minute warning”
• Players will keep a running game score (no sets), with an 8 game lead “Mercy Rule” (match is over when opponent has an 8 game lead).
• In the event of a tie, players will play a 2 point tiebreak (play tiebreak until one team has a 2 point lead)
• Some of the larger draws may play Friday evening at 6pm or later.
• Go to www.rrtennis.com and register online and pay with credit card – Click on “Register Now”.
• Add your event or events to the cart and “check out”.
• Do not choose “accept” at the end of registration to join the Active Advantage Membership at the end, unless you want to. This is not required and is separate from RRTA.
Direct any rrtennis.com website questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!!!
Round Rock Tennis Association
The document RRTA_Dubs_Tourney_2020_-_June_26-28.pdf was attached to this post.
RR Tennis Leagues begin on June 1st. As we gather to play again, please remember when signing up for RRTA everyone plays at their own risk.
If it helps, please find these guidelines for play provided by USTA.
As always, please be courteous of others on the court and if you are ill, please get a sub to play for you.
Dear RRTA Community
The board has been working with the City of Round Rock to resume league play for the Summer Season set to begin June 1st. This is in accordance with USTA/CATA policies and league resumption as well. Of course all players must adhere to Social Distancing guidelines and recommendations from state, local and CDC officials.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Spring league was effectively cancelled after only two weeks of play and Spring league players will have first right of refusal to play in the Summer.
- Each ramrod will work to determine the existing roster prior to opening league signup.
- Number of courts/registrations available will be publicized when league registration opens.
- Summer League registration will open 8:00 am, Saturday, May 16th online at rrtennis.com
- This will be just like every other league registration on the website, however spaces will be limited. (get on the wait list if asked)
- The City of Round Rock believes construction on all three banks will be complete in time for our Summer Leagues. And they are nice!
We look forward to getting back on the courts this summer in the safest and healthiest manner possible. If you are not comfortable playing at this time please do not register, it is completely up to you. As always sign up and play Round Rock Tennis Association Leagues at your own risk.
Hope you are all healthy and safe. We hope to see you all soon on the courts.
Statement from the RRTA Board of Directors:
As a board, we have been closely monitoring the COVID19 developments and closures as the situation develops. USTA, USTA Texas and Capital Area Tennis Association (CATA) have suspended all league play, tournaments and other events until April 20th to ensure social distancing practices are carried out. While RRTA is not affiliated with USTA, many of our members are and the board often defers to their policies and guidelines when managing our own league play.
It is out of an abundance of caution that the board will suspend all league play until April 20th to be consistent with the policies of USTA, USTA Texas and CATA.
Yesterday, President Trump updated guidance to cancel all events (private and public) with 10+ people so we felt it was important to make this announcement as quickly as possible. See CDC Guidance for Events and Gatherings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/index.html
This suspension also affects the registration period for our Annual Doubles Only Tournament scheduled for April 25-26 and we would rather postpone the tournament at this time than go through the registration process not knowing for sure if we will be able to host the tournament.
At this time there will be no refunds for the season, as we intend to treat this as we would a rain-out and hopefully finish the season at a later date.
Thank you for your understanding, we will continue to monitor the situation and will get back to league play as soon as we think it is safe for everyone to do so. Please stay safe and vigilant to contain the virus based on local, state and national health providers’ recommendations.
We hope to see everyone on the courts very soon!